Saturday, April 05, 2008

As the Flag Waves on our Front Porch

I attended the first half of the 36th District Democratic Caucus today - the second tier of WA's caucus system. I was an alternate delegate; it took about 3 hours of standing on line and waiting to find out that I wasn't needed as a delegate, but I think it was time well spent. Just about every elected (or wanna-be-elected) local democrat showed up to give a brief stump speech and get folks fired up for November. It worked. I'm starting to plan my October trip to Ohio. Maybe not, but it certainly inspired me to get more involved in local issues. And there was a surprise celebrity who spoke on behalf of Senator Clinton who made it worth getting up a little early on a Saturday morning.

Unfortunately, the Obama campaign wasn't able to get Gandalf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home