Friday, October 13, 2006

"Under the Spreading Chestnut Trees..."

Our neighborhood made last Sunday's Washington Post. I love running around the top of the hill this time of year and seeing the ladies pick up the chestnuts. There are at least a few out every time I run around the block, whether it's at 7 am or 7 pm. I always wondered what the relationship was (or was not) between the residents and the pickers.

Have I mentioned that October is my favorite month? We're gearing up for the great Falloween Party. By gearing up I mean that we've sent out the evite and have started at least thinking about costumes and decorations. The problem is that we've had such amazing (in my humble opinion) pumpkin porch decorations in past years that the pressure is on to out-do the year before. This year I think I'm going to make some scary snacks, ala Kris.

And now, back to research...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home