Friday, July 29, 2005

I'm IT

..tagged by Riona for this running meme

Q: What are you training for now?
A: The Portland Marathon, October 9, 2005

Q: If you are raising money for a cause, what is it and why is that cause important to you?
A: No, I'm not. Now I'm feeling all guilty. Quite frankly, I really hate asking people for money, even when it's for a great cause.

Q: What is the furthest distance you've run in your training and what is the furthest distance you will run before your event?
20 miles and 20 miles. I may put in a 22 miler, but maybe not.

Q: What is your favorite flavor of gu? (or other sports gel)
I like Cliff Shots, mocha and razz sorbet; vanilla's not bad, either.

Q: How many days a week do you run?
5, pretty much without fail.

Q: Are you injured in any way right now? If so,what are you doing about it?
No, although my achilles tendon is starting to feel a little sore in my right ankle, so I iced it last night. I got a achilles tendonitis (in my left calf) when I first started running any real distance, so I try to be careful about that.

Q: What is one item of running clothing/gear (shoes don't count) you can't run without?
Nothing odd; a good bra(s) is a no-brainer, and this time of year if I forget body glide I really pay for it later. But what I can't imagine running without (that isn't a necessity for others) is a hat.

Q: Do you have a talisman you are planning on taking to your event? If so, tell us!
Nope.

Q: Share one thing about yourself we don't know.
I played softball as a kid rather than soccer becuase it doesn't involve much running. My prefered sports, though, were swimming and gymnastics until I gained weight in junior high.

I'd like to tag Jeff, Kristen, and VJ, who can sub cycling/walking in for running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home