Thursday, July 21, 2005

Finally, it is in my own backyard!

When I was in Vancouver a few weeks ago, I tried one of the new green tea frappuccinos at Starbucks. Why they were selling it across the boarder before their own home town is beyond me. The Aussie barista assured me that it was "quite nice, it has melon in it" which actually wasn't quite nice. Melon + matcha = icky sweetness. After much consultation, Jeff and decided that minus the melon, it might actually taste like the yummy matcha fraps that we enjoyed in Japan.

So, yesterday I had a little extra time before my bus, and I tried it: green tea frappucino, no melon syrup. Ahhh.... cool, creamy, green, and not too sweet. It tasted just like green tea ice cream and just like the drinks we slurped in Japan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home