Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Trail Note: "I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference" (Robert Frost)

I've been running all of my longer runs on the Burke Gilman Trail this spring. This is the same trail that I take to school on my bike, which means that I'm on it at least 4 days a week. It's a nice trail, but I knew that I needed a break from it if I were to make it through my run today, so I ventured over to West Seattle. It was fantastic. Every time I go to Alki Beach I wonder why I don't go more often. For those not familiar, it's a real beachy beach, with waves and sandy shores and everything. There are fish and chips shops and water taxis and lots of restrooms (great for a long run). The views are absolutely amazing: mountains (well, not today) and water and islands and downtown Seattle. The weather was perfect running weather in the upper 50's with overcast skies and only a couple of drops of rain. And the people were friendly; I think that more people said "good morning" to me today than in the last month. I'm definitely going back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home