Thursday, August 19, 2004

If Peter Parker Picked a Party at the Primary, Which Politicians would Peter Piper Pick?

For the first time in Washington, voters will have to select a party in order to vote in the primary (for partisan candidates; no need for non-partisan positions and ballot measures). While I almost always vote for the same party, I, like many other Washingtonians I've spoken to and heard from, are a little irked. There's a reason I'm not a member of a party; I want to support who I want, when I want. State politics are pretty darn important; I'm not sure that people really understand how our local politicians really control those things closest to our daily lives (from gay marriage to tax structure to education and health policy). Mark your calendar, Washingtonians: September 14th!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home