Sunday, June 06, 2004

Trail Note: Race for the Cure

I ran the Race for the Cure this morning. Despite participating in this race every year since 1999 (twice in 2001 when I moved from VA to WA), this is the first time I "raced" in 3 years! Last year I walked with a group from work and the year before jogged with a friend. My time today was 24:47. Not the best time, but not too bad. I was slowed at the beginning by the crowds, but couldn't have gone much fasted; my legs were pretty tired at the end.

The weather turned out to be surprisingly nice this morning: sunny with puffy clouds with temps in the 60's. The race is along the downtown viaduct that runs along the waterfront and provides terrific views of the Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains.

5K has never been my favorite race, but this made me realize how few and far between I've raced of late. Since 2001, all I've done are 1/2 dozen or so half marathons, a marathon, and a few triathalons. I really need to get more running in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home