1. ...owned a restaurant, what kind of food would you serve? I'd have a brew pub, like one of these. Brew pubs (good ones) are my favorite eating places. I'm a big fan of all of those pubs listed in the article (Jolly Roger current fav) except one that I'd never been to. We closed that gap, however, on Saturday, when ate a delicious breakfast, quaffed a few (pre-noon!) beers, and watched the Duke game at the Barking Dog on Saturday. It's a great place; I'll have to go back at dinner time.
2. ...owned a small store, what kind of merchandise would you sell? Food or books, or both. A few friends and I used to talk about opening a small bar/restaurant with a shop that sold books and music, and we'd serve Pacific NW foods, beers, and wines, and have literature and music written and performed by NW artists.
3. ...wrote a book, what genre would it be? I can't imagine writing a book, so I guess it would be some sort of non-fiction essay.
4. ...ran a school, what would you teach? I've toyed with the idea of teaching (who hasn't), and realistically if I taught, I'd like to teach high school math, since I'd be best qualified to teach math (I'm really good at it, as long as it's not about finance) and I'd like to get kids excited about math. I had so much fun in high school English lit classes, however, I'd enjoy being back on one of those classrooms.
5. ...recorded an album, what kind of music would be on it? Someone else's.