Wednesday, March 10, 2004

$$ Burning a Hole in Your Pocket?

Want to relieve a nagging conscience?
Want to help find a Cure?
Looking for a way to get that charity deduction on your taxes?
Want to help stop the cycle of child abuse?

Well, have I got a deal for you.

That's right, it's sponsorship time. I'm running (or walking w/ my team, the Boobalas) the Race for the Cure this year, and you can sponsor me here for that.

I'm also beginning my training for the Courage Classic (link is going to stay over there to the left through August). It's a phenomenal 3 day ride through the Cascade Mountain passes, one each day. I did the ride last year, and it was challenging and beautiful, and a whole lot of fun.

Last year, since my company paid my entry and minimum donation requirement, I didn't raise any money. This year, I'm going to let my company pay the entry and minimum again, but I'm going to match it with donations. That means that I need to raise $400. And I'd like Jeff (who's just a smidgen more bashful than I about asking for $) to ride in it as well, and my company doesn't pay his way. So, I really need to raise closer to $800.

For those who are concerned with the amount of overhead in large charitable organizations and question how much of their donation actually goes to direct service, sponsoring the Courage Classic is the way to go. The money goes to Tacoma's Mary Bridge Children's Hospital to pay for the treatment of children who are victims of abuse (and don't have the means to pay themselves).

I'm going to figure out a way to set up the button on the sidebar so that you can click and sponsor me directly through paypal or something like that. In the meantime, I'll be training on the bike and hitting the trail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home