Monday, September 10, 2007

Peace, Love, and Eat Doggie Biscuits*

Friday, I took the bus to work. There was an elderly Asian man giving out origami cranes made from newspaper ads to anyone who smiled at him. He didn't seem to speak English, just smiled and nodded as he watched the enjoyment of the recipients of his cranes. I showed mine to a friend when I got to the office and told her the story. She, too, had received a crane from the Origami Man, and smiled to know that he was still riding the busses, spreading smiles and peace.

*This was how a school friend (now famous) signed my yearbooks.

2 Comments:

Blogger brigita said...

One more reason to miss Seattle--Origami Man. Of course I only had the freaks on my bus, but that's what you get when you live blocks from the intersection of Aurora & 125th...

8:25 AM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Did you ride the 358? I have a coworker who lives around 130th and Aurora, and she's always talking about the scaries and crazies on her bus ride.

Spanish-Lesson-Guy is still going strong at Greenlake, by the way; I saw him a week or so ago.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home