Friday, July 06, 2007

Happy Independence Day!

... Yeah, only a few days late. Because, you know, I've been too busy to post. (I still haven't figured out how to indicate sarcasm on blogs/email..)

Jeff and I continued our annual tradition of taking advantage of a mid-week holiday to go for a long bike ride. This year, despite the long-standing Seattle joke that summer begins July 5th, we had amazing weather: not a cloud in the blue blue sky and highs in the 80's. Jeff took me on a tour of some of the hills on the east side of Lake Washington that he rides on his Sunday-morning-crazy-rides. We rode 46 miles with about 3000 feet of elevation climbs: about 2/3 the distance and speed and 1/2 the elevation that he does on these rides. I was pretty exhausted by the time we were done, though; clear indication that I will never be joining those Sunday rides. We then went for a swim in the lake before driving the bikes home to fill our starving bellies with burgers followed by champagne cocktails, lemon pie, and reruns of Top Chef. We were so tired we almost missed fireworks, but considering that we can see a great local display from our bedroom, we managed to stand up long enough to watch them.

All in all, a terrific holiday! Now, there is only a weekend between me and a Real Job. It's been 2 1/2 years since I've had to make it through an entire work day in an office, so here's hoping I can make it through...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home