Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Tough Biking Summer

This summer while biking:
- I've had twothree rear wheel flats on my commute to/from work
- I've been stung by a wasp (on the inner thigh, and by my massive red, swollen, and itchy response, I think I'm developing an allergy)
- Jeff crashed descending a steep hill getting major road rash and bruises
- My cross-cubicle-co-worker crashed crossing wet railroad tracks resulting in road rash and stitches next to her eye (her glasses' lens slipped out the frame and cut and bruised her face)
- I was pulled over by a cop for "blocking transit"

All this while we're still in Summer Mode. What happens when it gets seriously dark and rainy? (It's actually been unseasonably cool and rainy here this month, making us wonder where our beautiful NW summers have gone.)

2 Comments:

Blogger eileen said...

One of these days I'm going to buy a bike, even after reading posts like these :)

6:03 PM  
Blogger Tricia said...

It really is great most of the time; we just had some rough patches recently. I highly recommend the bike! :)

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home