Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Food Notes

Have I mentioned how excited I am that Iron Chef America, the fantastic special that aired a few months ago, is becoming a series? Yes, it was fun and quirky in its original Japanese form, but the recent American variation is just as entertaining, and is a great cooking tutorial as well. One of the best parts is the commentator, Alton Brown. I love his show Good Eats, and he brings great knowledge and his very quirky sense of humor to the competition.

Speaking of Alton, on tonight's episode on spices he kicked off the show in my favorite spice store, World Spice (recently featured on Jeff's site). I can't wait to try Alton's quick and easy vegetable curry recipe with our newly purchased whole curry mix.

Another Food TV meal I'm looking forward to preparing? The citrus based meal that Michael Chiarello made on a recent episode. Ruby red cocktails, chicken roasted with lemon and rosemary, lemon artichoke pasta, and a fennel tangerine salad are singing to me right now. Perfect to use my recently arrived holiday gift of honeybells! This meal, however, will require a little planning and fuss, so I'll have to plan the appropriate dinner party for this great meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home