Wednesday, September 01, 2004

RNC Notes

It's been a stressful week for me at work, pulling longer, more intense days than usual. My 30 mile drive home is normally a good time to mentally downshift and transition from work to non-work as I listen to NPR. Not so this week, as it broadcasts live from the Republican National Convention.

The Democrats had official "convention bloggers;" the Republicans have Convention Jockies. I don't know what I find more entertaining, listening to the journalists from NPR try to be objective in their coverage or hearing them try to pretend to take the CJ's seriously. Not entertaining enough to stay tuned for more than snipets of the speeches (alternatingly boring and infuriating), but better than the rush hour ads on the commercial stations.

Update: Kevin from Ghost in the Machine had a brilliant take on Schwarzenegger's speech. Found via Max.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home