Saturday, February 07, 2004

Lost in Virginia

It's been so long since I've posted that my blogger sign-in cookie must have expired. I had to dredge from memory my sign-in info.

I've just returned from another week long business trip. This trip was the typical run around from meeting to meeting, catching up on work emails at the end of the day, meaning I catch up on reading blogs, etc. after the end of the day when I'm tired and hungry and ready to escape to my exciting hotel room.

Things that have been on my mind of late:

Mortgage refi. Again.

Running or rather the lack thereof. I’m running a half-marathon tomorrow after only running about 15 miles in the last 2 weeks.

Work. Sad, but true.

My 10 year college reunion. I didn’t have any of that typical anxiety before my high school reunion. After all, since college I’d gone to a great school, traveled the world in an exciting job, and was weeks away from running my first marathon (I was thinner at the time than I ever was in high school). For this college thing, however, I’m reading people’s updates, and everyone is a doctor or lawyer, or has started up their own business (post Wharton), all of this after they spent a few years in the Peace Corps, and are now happily married with a baby or 2. I don't regret what I've done or haven't done, I don't want to be a doctor or lawyer or MBA, nor am I unhappy with my marital / family status. I just have to keep reminding myself of this.

Snow: I'm psyched about this. We're going to Whistler next weekend (my first time) and even though I've only had 2 days on the slopes this winter, I feel more comfortable on my board than I ever have. Now we just need to figure out the logistics, dinner reservations, etc.

Well, it's off to Canada. Happy weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home