Monday, July 28, 2003

Mourning le Tour de Lance

It's over. Sigh.

This is the first year that I've ever watched the tour, and it was certainly one to watch. Now that I'm more into cycling, and have been watching cycling, it seems like everyone else is, too. Of course most of those few people I interact with on a regular basis are also into cycling and are either post STP or pre Courage Classic, so I guess it shouldn't surprise me. The Tour de France, however, is one of the best sporting events I've ever seen, from the individual strength of will and body, to the team spirit and sacrifice, to the chivalry and sportsmanship, to the speed and drama of the crash. I think that I'll be watching this long after my "summer of the bike" is over.

So, what next? A few more weeks of training for the Courage Classic and the BLT. This week, I'm going to try to set up some sort of quick and dirty photo log for 26 things. My sister comes into town this weekend to start looking for a place to live, and a college friend just arrived in town for a month of internship before returning to law school. And work.

All good, fun, and busy things. But I'll miss Lance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home