Saturday, November 09, 2002

And yet MORE politics! Happy Weekend (not Friday here any more).

1. Did you vote in your last elections? Yup. Had to vote for that monorail, Mr. McDermitt, and against the anti-tax initiatives

2. Do you know who your elected representatives are? Mostly.

3. Have you ever contacted an elected representative? If so, what was it about? I did via automatic ACLU alerts that a friend of mine forwards to me about protesting anti-homosexual legislation. I intended to write in about my desire for no war in Iraq, but never did.

4. Have you ever participated in a demonstration? No. I was too scared too while in the Navy, and never seem to know when they are now.

5. Have you ever volunteered in an election? What was the result? When I was a senior in high school, taking goverment class, we had to volunteer in a campaign, so I passed out literature and spent a few hours in a phone bank. It was a VA gubanutorial (sp??) race, fall of '89. I think the guy I wanted to win lost. Probably the beginning of the reign of Republican govenors of VA, but I don't remember. I was too young to vote.

No questions about the first election ever voted in. For me, it was for Clinton in '92 via absentee. Since I turned 18 in college (Freshman year, after the election) and was subsequently in the Navy, I only voted absentee until 1999. I then voted for the first time in a voters booth in Seattle. I voted against Tim Eyman's first initiative (it passed, but was later determined to be unconstitutional; hopefully this happens this time too).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home