Wednesday, May 07, 2003

The Carbohydrate Roller Coaster

It's been about 2 weeks since I've stopped doing Atkins. It was over minutes after entering an airport, and I haven't been able to go back since. The plan this week was to eat a sensible diet of a variety of foods. This isn't working. Example: this morning we had a "pancake breakfast" at work to celebrate our great financial results. I was a pancake flipper, so had to sample some of my product. Buzz, then 30 minutes later, the crash. After my very sensible lunch, craving sugar, I bought some butterscotch pudding (it's a milk product; it's healthy!). At 2 pm I was trying to learn about some of the reports that someone on my team creates, and I could hardly keep my eyes open. And then I just left another celebration to recognize a successful audit, and couldn't resist a very tasty slice of yellow cake (my favorite). I'm feeling more than a little gross right now.

I think that I have to admit that I need help. My name is Tricia and I am a carbohydrate addict.

Back to the 12 step Atkins plan (Induction) tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home