Tuesday, June 18, 2002

There's something about this ranger / wildfire story that has raised my feminist hackels. Of course we've been hearing for a long time now about these fires in Colorado: the conditions that have led up to them, the devastation that they are creating, and I am just as appalled as everyone else that a forest ranger's careless campfire could have been the cause. What bothers me is the fact that in every mention of this incident, you hear about the fact that she's burning her estranged husband's letter. I think it infers that she is an irrational woman with PMS who should never have a responsible job like forest ranger. Why not just leave it that she had a fire. She could have been cooking meat, getting warm, burning letters, or whatever. Why does it matter why she had that fire?

There's my 2 cents. How about yours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home