Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Trail Note: less than 3 weeks to go!

I had what I guess is my first marathon stress dream last night. I was late showing up for the marathon, and was getting dressed as the race started. I ended up starting at the 33 minute mark. The race then wound through obstacles and odd loops, like a haunted house, and a frat party where you had to drink shots or answer quiz questions to move forward. I kept trying to remind people that this was a marathon we were running and had to get going, but I was so far back I was with people who were running for fun. "This is known as a fun marathon," they told me; if I'd wanted to run a fast marathon, I should have picked another race. I think this part is directly attributed to a short conversation I had with a coworker who mentioned that Portland is supposed to be a fun marathon to do, referring to all of the bands and cheerleaders, etc. along the course. She asked how my training was going, and I had to stop and think about it, as I haven't run since Friday. Haven't run in 3 whole days!!! That's the longest I've gone without running in months, no wonder I'm freaking out. I think that these last few weeks will be the most stressful as I ramp down the mileage and have extra energy to worry, especially as it's getting too late to really get any faster. If I haven't done it by now, it's probably not going to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home